Firstly - vocabulary. Students need to improve their range of vocabulary considerably to be able to pass this exam. I always get my students to aim high. Why only aim for a C when with a little more hard work, dedication and effort, they could achieve a B or even an A
OK - so let's start with the first thing that I ever wrote. I wrote it just to give to my students but I came up with a great idea. I know what students are like. You give them a piece of paper and they put it somewhere and forget about it. A lot of the learning needs to be done in class. This is a story using a number of idiomatic expressions and it has been divided into different paragraphs.
Step 1: Read the story out aloud - twice. The students are not allowed to write anything down or take any notes to assist the.
Step 2: Hand out cut out paragraphs to each student. Depending on the size of your class, the students will only get one, but for smaller classes, the students will probably get more than one.
Step 3: Students write their name on the piece of paper as soon as they get it and then work together as a class to try and put the story together from beginning to end. If you have a very big class then you can divide the class into two teams and get them to compete against each other
Step 4:
No comments:
Post a Comment